1. I was given a puppy. Within 3 days, that puppy was back with its original owner. My heart=broken. I would go into details, but as I write this, my eyes are tearing up. Would you mind if I moved on to my second dilemma?
2. I got sick. Real sick. I don't think I've called in sick to work since high school, but I lost 12 lbs. in three days and was out for three days. Honestly, I don't remember much. I get flashes of memories that involve popsicles, my bathroom and my bear, Stuart. Weird.
3. My husband left me. Well, temporarily. He's off to Africa for a good long while, so I've been left here, abandoned by husband and puppy. Sigh.
Now that I've completely depressed you, let's talk sandwiches! I am always on the look out for hearty sandwiches, and sometimes I steal ideas. I am a sandwich thief. I thieve sandwiches. Whatever. This sandwich is based off of the Quizno's "classic." It's a creamy, bacon-y miracle. If there ever was such a thing.
Ingredients (1 sandwich):
- Thick, fresh bread from the deli. The good stuff. The bread makes or breaks a sandwich.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 slices bacon of precooked, microwaveable bacon
- 2 slices swiss or provolone cheese
- Cut up chicken breast into small pieces. Cook on stove on medium heat until cooked thoroughly.
- Drain any liquid/fat. Add the alfredo sauce, garlic and salt/pepper. Combine and leave to sit on a medium-low heat.
- Cook bacon separately and set aside.
- Place cheese on either half of the bread and toast or broil until cheese is bubbly and bread is crusty.
- Crumble cooked bacon and set aside.
- I didn't crumble my bacon but put the slices whole on the bread. In hindsight, I wish I would have crumbled it.
- Top bread with chicken/alfredo mixture and bacon. Serve warm.
I know people who also add sauteed mushrooms to this. I don't do shrooms for health reasons (as in, I could care less about my health when I'm eating this sandwich).
Love and get-me-a-sandwich,