Can we take just a second to talk about pizza? I know we've discussed that, as a semi-fat child, I loved Thursdays because they were pizza days at school. One thing I really love about pizza is its versatility with toppings, and if you haven't discovered pre-made pizza crust, you're missing out. If you have the time and inclination, go ahead and try this homemade crust that I used to make all the time. I had to stop making it because Tim got all upset and actually wanted me to talk to him and spend time with him after work.
Men are so needy.
Because of Tim's dietary restrictions, I use Boboli whole wheat pizza crust, but they have other types of crusts as well. Like I said, there are hundreds of different variations of pizza toppings out there, but this particular one was perfect for my meat-loving, "guy's guy" husband.
- Pizza crust
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Pepperoni (I use turkey pepperoni)
- Deli ham (about 2 thick slices)
- 5 small frozen meatballs
- Pizza sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place pizza crust on a stone or baking sheet
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce on the crust
- Top with equal amounts mozzarella and cheddar cheese (as much as desired)
- Cover with pepperoni
- Microwave frozen meatballs and cut into 1/4ths. Cover pizza evenly.
- Cut up deli ham into small pieces and place on pizza
- Add a small amount of both cheeses to "seal" the toppings to the crust.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top
- Bake 15-20 minutes
- Serve hot with salad
On another note, I know a lot of you will say, "Why would I take the time to make a pizza when I can order one for about the same price it takes to cook one?" One of the things I've discovered that I love about cooking is that I know what's going into my food. I don't have to worry about how clean Little Caesar's is or what ingredients Papa John's is using. I know what's in my pizza, and I love that.