Any day is a good day for a peanut butter cookie and a marshmallow. This is the exact reason why I have combined these two on this snowy day. Plus, I'm convinced peanut butter is a super food, although the FDA has yet to respond to any of my letters.
Well, I'm the CEO of this blog, and I say that peanut butter is a super food. It has the power to heal the soul after guys have destroyed it; it is the best thing in the world to watch my dog, Max, eat; and it perfectly compliments chocolate.
What's not superior about that?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows cut into pieces
- Combine the butter and peanut butter. Mix until creamy.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, sugar and brown sugar
- Beat in the egg and vanilla
- Slowly add the flour
- Add the marshmallows and slowly mix
- Roll dough into 1" balls and line them on a baking sheet
- Bake 7-10 minutes at 375 degrees
- Let cool and transfer to a cooling rack
It's that simple, folks! What's especially great about this recipe is that it really does only require a few things you can find at the back of your pantry. I don't know about you, but I don't need to take any extra trips to the store.
Love and peanut butter,