I’m a pastor’s wife. It is because of this minor life-detail that I can spiritually justify eating this brownie. Because I know…I know that my body has to forgive me, just as God has forgiven me of all the sins I’ve committed in my life. Granted, my body is not the Alpha and the Omega; still, I hope it’ll let this one slide. And because I haven’t read one health article regarding acceptable “cheat” foods that doesn’t include dark chocolate.
So there. Eat and be blessed.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups 100% dark cocoa (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 8″ x 8″ pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and remove from heat.
- Add sugar and stir in slowly to combine.
- Return the butter mixture to the heat just until it’s hot, but not boiling.
- In a smaller bowl, crack the eggs and combine them with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir the hot mixture into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate or chips until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 8″ x 8″ pan and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
Love and forgiveness,