Truth time. I found this recipe on Pinterest. I hope you can move past this minor detail and we can move onto this beautiful, beautiful dish.
I'm going through a "fresh" stage. I'm tired of finishing my meals stuffed and feeling gross. Like I just pumped my body full of junk. I'm tired of eating so much processed food, and so often I crave fresh meats and produce. Granted, I did use one canned item in this recipe, but it is so...refreshing. It almost makes me feel like I'm back in Cancun in that little restaurant on the water.
I actually was at a place like that. I didn't just make that up.
This is a play on my two-step chicken tacos with a little bit of a kick. I added maybe 90 seconds to my prep time. Side note: This is also a great "fake fancy" dinner. You can pass this off as a labor of love. When really, it's just...love.
- Frozen or thawed chicken breasts
- I normally estimate 1 1/2 chicken breast per person
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Fresh cilantro
- The amount is up to you. I used about 1/4 cup.
- 1 lime
- 1 can Tex Mex Style Diced Tomatoes
- Desired toppings
- Place all ingredients (except lime) in crock pot and place on low for 8-10 hours for frozen chicken breasts; 4-6 hours for thawed chicken breasts
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice into mix. Try to save some juice for later.
- Once chicken is done cooking, serve immediately, spooning liquid from crock pot on top, along with more cilantro, lime juice, and desired toppings.
- I served this as a taco filling inside corn tortillas with sour cream and cheese, and it was de-lish.
Love and lime,