Now, I don't mean to give Grandma Boomer a bad rap. As I mentioned, she was old. And when you get to be a certain age, I don't think you owe anyone an explanation, really. Just ask my dad.
Kidding. My dad is only 35.
|Patrick, me and Grandma Boomer, back in the day|
But Grandma had the simplest, most delicious baked beans you've ever eaten. My mom hides these things from me, and then **BAMM,** she hits you out of nowhere with this long-lost, secret family recipe. She's full of surprises. Must be the Boomer gene.
- 2 large cans of baked beans
- 1 package of uncooked bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 box of dark brown sugar
- 1 bottle of ketchup
- 1 yellow onion, chopped finely
- Spray a 13x9 pan with Pam
- Combine all ingredients and toss into the pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for hours
Did I mention Grandma was a minimalist? If it was quick, filling and tasty, it was on her table. Not that I would know. She was too busy hiding under the couch to cook for me.
Love and a-little-nutty-in-every-family,