When I can drag myself out of
Guess what? I made these the night before. And when warmed up, they taste just as fresh as if you had just pulled them from the oven. I win.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (topping)
- 1/4 cup sugar (topping)
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine (topping)
- Pinch of cinnamon (topping)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place muffin liners in cupcake pan
- Toss the butter into a large bowl and beat it until it's nice and creamy. Spare yourself the arm workout and grab a mixer.
- Add the sugar and continue to mix until fluffy.
- Add baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix continually until well-combined.
- Add flour and milk slowly. Mix well (and slowly, unless you like those adorable pictures of your kids and husband and kitchen covered in flour).
- Throw in the blueberries and combine.
- Pour batter into each muffin liner until filled halfway.
- For the topping, combine all "topping" ingredients in a separate bowl and combine until it's a crumby sprinkly delicious mess. Honestly, I use my hands, because the butter is hard to handle. Plus it's a natural skin smoother.
- Once the crumb topping is finished, sprinkle about a tablespoon on top of each batter-filled liner.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
Love and yummmmmmm,