Well, I found another one.
I'm also big on staple recipes. One thing I love about writing and posting new recipes is that it keeps me accountable to trying different things, because otherwise I'd stick with about three recipes. The potato soup that my friend Amanda introduced me to is one of those meals that I could make twice a week and no one would complain. So, I took the "formula" for that soup and plugged it in here, simply with a different foundation. Make no mistakes, this is not a healthy soup, but none of the best ones are. It's thick, creamy and loaded with cheese. And now that I've made it, I'm not looking back.
Ingredients (serves 2 people):
- 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 can's worth of milk
- This is not evaporated milk. After you pour the cream of broccoli soup in the pot, fill that same can up with normal milk and you're good to go!
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- I buy a bag of frozen chopped broccoli and microwave it for about a minute.
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pour cream of broccoli soup into a large pot over medium high heat. Let it warm up for about 5 minutes, stirring often
- Add the milk and whisk until well-blended
- Add both cheeses. Let that warm up until the cheese is melted and blends in with the soup.
- Add the broccoli and stir.
- Add the butter. Stir as it melts.
- Serve hot and topped with cheddar cheese. Place in a bread bowl or served with french or sourdough bread.
Love and broccoli,