Granted, it's only been two days, but these two days have been long and hard for this California girl. Instead of going to the store to pick up whatever I need to make dinner, I'm having to improvise with whatever happens to be in my pantry. That's where this little piece of melted heaven was conceived...behind the peanut butter, next to the 2-year-old box of mac and cheese, a star was born.
Plus my husband was watching football, so I figured that as long as I could hear the game going on in the next room as I sit in our bed watching Grey's Anatomy, I'm justified in having this for dinner.
And you are, too.
- 1/2 a block of Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 block Neufchatel cheese
- 1/2 can chunky salsa
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- First, grab that block of Velveeta cheese in the back of your pantry and cut it in half. Take that half and cut it up into cubes.
- Now add the Neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese). Mix it up under medium heat until it's melted.
- Add one can of refried beans and stir.
- Pour in 1/2 can of your favorite salsa. I used Taco Bell mild chunky salsa.
- Stir that up!
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper. This gives it a spicy kick.
Voila! This is the best worst snack you'll ever eat.
Love and cheese,