So, in honor of this special day, I am making what has become a staple in my home: chicken quesadillas. But these are not your grandma's boring cheese and tortilla quesadillas. These are better than...Taco Bell's (GASP!). I made it to use up a few things in my fridge/pantry, and it....is....AMAZING. Please do yourself a favor and make these. This particular recipe is for 2 people.
- 2 chicken breasts
- Mexican cheese (I use the bagged kind)
- Taco Bell taco sauce (no, not the salsa...and yes, the kind you buy in the store, not the kind you steal on your next visit)
- Drained can of black beans (or pinto...whichever you prefer)
- Taco seasoning
- Toppings (sour cream, guacamole, etc.)
- You can also choose to put chopped up peppers or other veggies in yours. My palette is extremely limited, as you can tell.
- A quesadilla maker, a George Foreman or a pan and a stove
- Now, I'm going to give you options. Easy option: throw the chicken in the crockpot before you leave for work and generously add the taco seasoning. Set it on low and it'll be ready for the next step when you walk in the door. Hard way: thaw chicken, cut up chicken, cook chicken on stove, add taco seasoning...it's your choice.
- I use a George Foreman that has quesadilla plates, so it starlights as a quesadilla maker. I throw the tortilla on the warmed up Foreman, tear up the chicken (which I cooked in the crockpot...or your can use the difficult chicken), add cheese, taco sauce, and drained beans (I love beans).
- Throw on another tortilla and cook the sucker
- When it's ready, top it however you'd like.
Love and Mexican...again,