Because he loves me.
- 2 lbs. ground beef (or ground turkey, which is much healthier)
- 1 McCormick chili mix (he uses the hot one, but only uses that one package for the 2 lbs.)
- 2 cans chili beans (I used 1 can chili beans and 1 can drained kidney beans, plus about half a can of water, but that's just because I forgot to get 2 cans of chili beans at the store)
- 1 16oz. can tomato sauce
- Big chunks of onion (for those of you who are thinking of leaving this out because of your picky eater, don't. While my husband hates onions, I cut them in big enough slices that he can push them aside, and they add huge flavor.)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (in the spice aisle). This is important!
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced or chopped)
- Brown ground beef (or ground turkey) and drain fat
- Pour the beef and all the ingredients in a crock pot and cook 4-6 hours on low
- Alternately, put all ingredients in a large pot and heat on medium/high stove heat until warmed
- Top with cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and/or sour cream
He's a talented man. I hope my children get his mustache.