Is there anything more beautiful than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? Of course not. I am so "pro" chocolate/peanut butter marriage that I used to put actual peanut butter on chocolate ice cream. Used to. Then I stopped, because I was a 100 lb. 3rd grader.
There are several reasons to make these, but the most important reason is because they're easy. So easy. I could kiss whoever made no-bake goodies trendy, because the thought of cracking one egg or measuring flour can make me break out in hives. I'm not interested. What I am is tired, hungry and in a hurry. So let's not waste anymore time chatting and get to work.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large back chocolate chips
- 1 full tablespoon of Crisco
- Stir together powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter. To be honest, I use my hands. No wooden spoon can stand up to this stickiness.
- Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Make sure and cover the baking sheet with wax paper. This is vital.
- Place the balls into the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and Crisco over a very low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden or metal spoon.
- Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate using a spoon (and your fingers, honestly), and place back on wax paper.
- Place balls into fridge until chocolate is hardened, about 30 minutes.
- For an extra-special touch, add sprinkles or crushed nuts onto balls immediately after dipping in chocolate.
I dare you to make these without actually eating one.
I knew you couldn't do it.
Love and bake-less magic,