$2.69. That's the amount of money I fork over to McDonald's whenever I feel like having an egg mcmuffin.
$6. The cost of making six egg mcmuffins in my own home. So by simple mathematics...I win. Big time.
I was never intimidated by the idea of toasting an english muffin with cheese on top, or even the ham aspect of it. But the way they cook their eggs...I didn't get it. I avoided it; however, now, I've conquered it.
I found this tip online, and it was spot-on for how to cook these eggs. Let's eat!
- Cupcake pan
- Non-stick spray
- Lightly spray cupcake pan
- Crack eggs and place one egg's yolk/whites into each individual cupcake container in the pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
To assemble egg mcmuffin:
- Lightly butter and toast english muffin
- Add a piece of cheese while muffin is still hot. Let it melt
- Add a slice of breakfast ham (located in the grocery store next to the bacon)
- Add one cooked egg and enjoy!
- These can be wrapped, frozen and microwaved whenever desired
Easy as that! So save your $2.69 and go buy a dozen eggs. Or half a dozen english muffins. Or 24 slices of American cheese. Or give it to your nephew who enjoys counting coins at 2 years old. He's going to be an accountant.
Love and breakfast,