Get it together, dad.
To all the people who have had to buy CPK pizzas frozen and haven't experienced the real thing, I'm sorry. But I will tell you, this is pretty dang close to the original.
- Pizza dough
- I get mine from Trader Joe's, and it costs $1. If you're looking for the best pizza dough, hit up Whole Foods. Granted, you can make it yourself, but most days, I'm okay with just paying the money.
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Barbecue sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1/4 red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Before you leave for work in the morning, throw the frozen chicken breasts into a crock pot and cover generously with barbecue sauce. Let it sit all day on low
- When you get home, tear up the chicken with two forks and set aside
- Spread out the pizza dough into a circle and place on baking/pizza sheet
- Lightly brush olive oil over pizza dough and spread one tablespoon-full of barbecue sauce onto the pizza dough
- Evenly spread the chicken across the top of the pizza dough
- Top generously with mozzarella cheese
- Throw some slices of red onion on top of the cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden
- Top with cilantro and serve with salad
I'm going to admit that I am not a big barbecue person, and I don't like red onions. But I love this pizza.
Love and new tastes,