Tim requires so much of me. It's ridiculous. The other day, I got home from work, and he actually had the nerve to ask me what was for dinner.
Normally that question wouldn't bother me, except I had been putting off that thought all day. I hadn't planned anything. Part of me was hoping he had forgotten about dinner; that maybe he had just found some peanut butter or that old jar of chili in the back of the fridge. But nooooooooo. He just had to eat non-moldy, fresh food.
Like I said...men.
In case you haven't caught on yet, this is an original creation. And before you wince and move to something a little more traiditional, Tim told me this was one of the best things I had ever made him. He actually ate the leftovers the next day in front of a group of our friends, and every man was salivating, glancing over his shoulder at this masterpiece. It was a schmorgesborg of meat and cheeses. What's not to love?
Here's how you do it...
- 1 leftover loaf of bread, cut in half
- Spaghetti sauce
- Whatever shredded cheese you've got, whether it be cheddar, mozzarella, or Mexican blend.
- Italian sausage, cooked and drained (or ground beef, but there's nothing like the smell when you use this sausage)
- Slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place both halves of the bread on a baking pan
- Spread a generous amount of pizza sauce on both halves
- Sprinkle your cheese on there
- Top with pepperoni
- Pour on all the Italian sausage or ground beef
- Top with slices of provolone cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
Seriously, you have no idea how great this smells.
Love and whatever,