My friend, Jessica, recently brought in some incredible salsa for us to try. Now, I love Mexican food, but it's hard for me to find salsa that I just absolutely love. I'm not a huge fan of all the big chunks of tomatoes and onions. Have I ever told you about how my baby brother used to throw up whenever you said the word "tomato?" No? Another story for another time.
So I begged and pleaded, and Jessica was kind enough to share her recipe. It was incredibly fresh, tasty, and full of all-natural ingredients that are easy to find during the summer.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2-4 cloves of peeled/minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 good handfuls of fresh cilantro
- Cut your tomato's and onion into big chunks and remove seeds
- Slice open the jalapeño pepper and remove the stem and seeds. Set the seeds aside, (that's where all the heat is)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend till desired texture
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- If you like more heat add the pepper seeds and blend again
- Let chill in refrigerator before serving