Given the choice of eating cookies or chips, I will choose chips every single time. For those of you who are like me but are trying to lighten up your waistline and who are tired of spending big bucks for potato chips, give this a try! Ever heard of a corn nut? We're going to make the healthier version.
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- Seasoning of choice for topping (garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, cayenne, etc.)
- Drain liquid and rinse well.
- Shake off excess water and spread out on a cookie sheet or pan (sprayed with Pam).
- Roast at 350, stirring every 10-12 minutes until they are as crispy as you want them.
- At the end, check them often so they don't burn, but they typically take about an hour, because I like the super crispy texture. Some recipes sprinkle chick peas with oil on them, but leave that out to avoid the extra fat.