I apologize if it seems like all I've been posting lately are desserts. It's because I set my standards too high and make too many promises in December. It always results in too much chocolate, peanut butter and far too little sleep.
I'm an over-extender.
And an over-achiever.
And a people-pleaser
For those of you who know me, you know I'd rather eat a single piece of pizza over a dozen cookies any day. But I will say, I do have a strange relationship with peanut butter. In college, I would eat it straight out of the jar. I was embracing the "freshman 15." And to be honest, I can eat entirely way too much peanut butter on entirely too many types of food.
This is what I consider to be the "lazy girl" bake. And I'm feeling lazy, mostly because it's Sunday and I would like to nap instead of baking all day. So I will.
Make the right decision.
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups Bisquik
- 1 large bag of peanut M&M's
- I'm not talking the big bag that you hide in your purse to take to the theater. I'm talking about the BIG bag that you eat when you are mending a broken heart after a break-up.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8-inch pan with cooking spray
- Mix peanut butter and eggs using a hand mixer
- Add brown sugar and combine
- Add Bisquik and mix. I would use your hand mixer for this, because your arm will fall off without it. This is a thick mix.
- Fold in the M&M's. Don't use a hand mixer. You will find M&M's all over your kitchen for weeks to come if you do. Not that that's the worst thing ever. Still, don't do it.
- Spread evenly in the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
I was feeling particularly lazy today and was-to be honest-dreading making this dessert. It was so easy though. And fast. And I'm about to crawl in bed for my nap.
Love and lazy days,