I need better sources.
- 1 box of noodles (ziti, penne, and rotini noodles are the best options)
- 1 large can of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 16 oz. container of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook the noodles according to the directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Spoon ricotta cheese into the pot o' noodles.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and minced garlic. Mix until combined.
- In a separate pot, warm up the pasta sauce on medium heat
- Once the sauce is hot, add the milk and butter. Mix until combined.
- My husband claims he needs to have meat in this type of dish, so sometimes I cook 1 lb. of ground beef, drain it and add it to the sauce.
- Spread noodle/cheese mixture into a 13x9 pan.
- Top with pasta sauce (or meat sauce)
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with dried basil and oregano to add a little extra Italian "kick." Serve warm with salad and breadsticks.
How beautiful is that?
Love and ziti ... again,