This recipe is very similar to the roast beef dip sandwiches that I posted awhile back, but this is the barbecue version with chicken instead of beef. It's a crock pot recipe (my favorite kind), and it literally takes about 10 minutes to put it all together. This particular recipe is for 2 people, but you can add more if you're serving a larger crowd.
- 2 chicken breasts (I assume one per person)
- Barbecue sauce
- Hamburger buns (whole wheat is a plus)
- Brown sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Provolone cheese
- Onion (don't worry-your picky eater doesn't have to actually eat it, it's just for flavor!)
- Thaw the chicken breasts in the microwave
- Place chicken in crock pot. Cover generously with barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, the minced garlic clove, and large chunks of onion (place these directly on top of the chicken to add some flavor when it's cooking).
- Let sit on low for 5-7 hours
- Once you're ready to eat, butter the hamburger buns and place the cheese on one half. Let it sit in a broiler or toaster oven until the cheese melts and the bun is toasted.
- Remove the onion chunks from the chicken mixture. Unless you want them in there. Whatevs.
- Using two forks, tear the chicken apart so that it's nicely shredded and add more barbecue sauce (how much you add is up to your own discretion).
- Place shredded chicken on the buns and serve hot.
Love and reflux,