We all have purposes in life. This lasagna is why God created me, I'm sure of it. The size of this lasagna is outrageous, and will last a few days for the two of us. I'm still confident that it'll last a family of 4 at least two meals. It's all my favorite things all thrown into my amazing corningware.
I highly recommend it — both the lasagna and the corningware.
- Prepared Spanish rice
- Black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- 1 large can refried beans
- 1 pack of tortillas (larger the better)
- Mexican cheese (be generous — I used a medium bag of shredded Mexican cheese)
- Taco sauce (I used a total of 2 bottles of Taco Bell taco sauce, which are $1 each)
- Any toppings (oregano, sour cream, salsa, etc.)
- Prepare Spanish rice according to previous blog. If you don't have the time or desire to make it from scratch, grab 2 or 3 packages of microwaveable Spanish rice. Add the drained black beans to prepared rice.
- Cook ground beef over medium high heat on the stove
- Drain and add taco seasoning
- Pour canned refried beans in a pan over medium heat. Add some taco sauce, taco seasoning, stir and let it warm up.
- Grab a 13x9 baking dish and pour 1/2 cup of the taco sauce on the bottom of the baking dish and spread with a spoon.
- Top with first layer of tortillas
- The ones that I bought were so big that I had to cut them in half to use. Don't be afraid to tear and arrange the tortillas so that they fit.
- Layer with all the rice/bean mixture
- Top with half the bag of cheese
- Layer with tortillas
- Spread the refried beans over second layer of tortillas
- Pour 1 bottle of taco sauce over refried beans
- Spread all the meat over the taco sauce
- Add the corn and spread evenly
- Top with another layer of tortillas
- Cover with remaining half bag of cheese
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Serve with your favorite toppings and tortilla chips
Love and lasagna,
Racquel. Or whatever.